Are you looking for a new MEPCO connection for your house? We will show you how to obtain it. You can either pick up an application form at the nearest office or apply online for a new connection established at your residence.
You’ll see a simple form where you may select the type of connection you want, and be sure to select MEPCO from the Distribution Company list.
Fill up the remaining fields, upload scanned copies of relevant papers, and submit an application for a new connection. The overall procedure may be lengthy, but it is very easy to follow.
How to get a MEPCO new connection?
For a MEPCO new connection, you must do the following steps to establish the connection properly.
- Go to MEPCO’s official website and fill out an online application.
- Scan the following documents and upload scanned copies: (a) Identification of who owns the property
(b) The applicant’s undertaking
(c) In the case of several owners, power of attorney
(d) If the applicant is a renter, they will need a No Objection Certificate (NOC)
(e) A copy of the applicant’s CNIC that has been attestation
(f) Two witnesses’ attestation copies of CNIC (not required in case of single-phase connection)
(g) A consumer-signed copy of the applicable tariff
- Fill out the application form and send it back to the MEPCO official.
- Obtain a printout of the application form.
- With the application form, attach a copy of all required documents.
- Deliver the application and all attachments to the appropriate office.
- After the documents have been verified. You will receive a demand notice.
- The demand notice must now be paid to the designated bank.
- Deliver a copy of the paid demand notice to the appropriate office.
- After payment verification of the demand notice, the meter connection will be installed at your residence.
If you want to check recent updated units rates then you can find out the complete list at the Mepco tariff post.
Estimated Time for New Connection
How long may it take to get a MEPCO new connection? It depends on the connection category. There are three main categories of MEPCO electric supply connections according to load.
1st Category (Up to 15 kW):
Here are the steps to get a category-1 connection, along with an estimate of how long it will take.
Steps along with days elapsed:
- The applicant will complete the application form and attach any supporting documents and submit it to the nearest office, which will issue the applicant with a receipt and a seniority number.
- The office will create a seniority register based on the application submission date, and the applicant will have access to it. This will take one day to complete.
- A related officer will go to the location where the new connection is needed to see if it is possible to set up the new connection.
- If this is not possible, the applicant will be notified. This will take three days to complete.
- If a new connection can be set up at the applicant’s location, the office will provide a cost estimate for the connection. This will take two days to complete
- After cost estimation, the office will issue a demand notice which can be picked by hand or sent to the applicant by post. This will take 2 days.
- The applicant will deposit the demand notice fee to the bank and submit a copy to the related MEPCO office. This will take 2 days.
- The applicant will submit a wiring test report, and the related office will verify it. This will take 3 days.
- The office will prepare the priority list of applicants as per their dues submission date. This will take 1 day.
- The office will issue a service connection order. This will take 2 days.
- The related office will then contact the store to get connection items, e.g., meter, wire, installation kit, etc. This will take 3 days.
- The store will provide required items to related offices. This will take 5 days.
- After receiving connection items, the office of the SDO or Assist. Manager Operation will install a new meter connection. This will take 5 days.
TOTAL EXPECTED DAYS = 30
Category 2 (400 volts, 16 to 70 kW):
The process for obtaining a new category-2 MEPCO connection is nearly identical to that for getting a category one connection, but category two connections can take up to 44 days to complete.
Category 3 (71 to 500 kW / 400 volts):
Category 3 follows the same steps as categories 1 and 2. It could take up to 73 days from the time the application is submitted to when the meter is installed.
How do I pay my demand notice?
The taxpayer can pay the demand by clicking the link under the ‘Pay Tax’ option. On choosing ‘Demand is partially correct,’ Enter the ‘Amount which is correct’ and the ‘Amount which is incorrect’ will be auto-filled.
How do I check the LESCO bill?
Just browse lesco.com.pk and then Navigate Check Bill Page, or you can also write a search query in google like open google.com and write in the search area as “Lesco Bill” and then choose on the first page of results and then on Lesco page enter your Lesco Bill Reference No. And press enters to proceed.
How do I get LESCO connection?
Choose one of your connection types from Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Agriculture, Tube well, Temporary, General Services, Residential Colonies, and Street Light. Enter National Tax Number (NTN) Enter Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) Select your district-related company like, for Lahore, you have to choose LESCO.
By following the given steps, you can get a MEPCO new connection at your residence. It is important to note that the earlier you apply, the earlier you will receive the connection. So make sure you fill all applications correctly and remain patient!